Playtime

Mind

Friday, August 2, 2013

The Writer's Secret By Ann Michelle - Available At Amazon

Last year, I began writing what may turn into three books that I call the Mistress Clara Chronicles.  Actually, it was two books over 40,000 words each and a chapter of a third book that I had plans for but stopped.  This was inspired by somebody I only exchanged a couple e-mails with on a dating site and is loosely based on a few aspects of me and people I know.

It's in editing right now, and though it's two books, I may split it into three books.  It is erotic, sometimes sentimental and romantic, sometimes tame and other times very much goes to extremes that may make people uneasy.  I'm not really into the D/s culture, but it has fascinated me.  When I started writing this book based on a fictional Femdom community in Sacramento, California, I found I was having too much fun to stop.

Anyway...

I believe I was working on the second book when a story crossed my computer screen called The Writer's Secret by Ann Michelle.  I was blown away by Ann's Michelle's writing style, and immediately I just had to e-mail her and tell her my thoughts.  If you know me, you know I tend to get wordy.  Well, she did something unexpected.  She wrote back, just as wordy as me.  And during the time in which she was putting this story up a chapter at a time on a couple websites, we continued to write.

Ann Michelle's tale is of a writer who gets a request that takes him out of his comfort zone.  It is suggested that he start writing about the CD/TV scene and women taking the lead.  He is a bit uncomfortable, but his wife takes the lead as his guide.  It changes the dynamic in the relationship as he gets pushed out of his comfort zone.  The subject of topping from below is brought up as he struggles to go shopping, gets his ears pierced and is entertaining dinner guests (not in the way you think, just read).

What happens frequently in these stories is the man (turned sissy CD) suddenly becomes gay and doesn't want to be with his wife anymore, while she cuckolds him with other men and he eventually falls in love with a man.  People were commenting on each chapter as that line was straddled.  Will it be crossed?  A few uncomfortable readers complained, but most enjoyed the ride.  It's a very good read that will keep you guessing and wondering what's in store for him next.

I'm not gonna give up all the secrets.  You need to check the Amazon link here and buy a copy to support the writer of this amazing story:


I will say that Ann Michelle left enough room for us readers to make our own interpretations of what the character's motivations are.  Plus we can draw our own conclusions in places where we can read between the lines.  And she never tired of my opinions on that subject as we exchanged e-mails.  Thoughts on things such as, did the wife have previous experience in a D/s relationship?  I believe she did, but it's never said for sure.  Were those hormones he was taking?  I can't detail why I sitll ask that question without spoiling things.

She definitely pushes him to the brink, but there are lines she never crosses.  I love this story because of that.  She had a way of dominating him that didn't require true degradation.  But it makes him, and may make you the reader, uncomfortable at times.  But the question on some people's minds was, does she really love him?  I think many readers will be happy with the answer to that, but you will be wondering at times.  Just pick up a copy at Amazon and read it for yourself.  You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment