Playtime

Mind

Monday, February 28, 2022

A Poem: Love And Desire

Love And Desire


I can't have you, but I want you
This is a good place to start
You didn't mean to do it, I know
But you found your way into my heart

I feel the desire, I feel the need
Making me desperate to give in
I want to throw so much love at you
But this is a battle I can't win

It's a Love and Desire inside of me
Something that will never go away
I've given up trying to fight it
But, I can live with it each day

I've walked a path of loneliness
Wondering if I'd find true love
I could surrender, give to you freely
What you have fits me like a glove

We come from different worlds
Traveling greatly different paths
I'm just a babe in the woods
Desperate to find a love that will last

You've lived a life of experience
I've existed in a world of none
Desperate to be close to you
As my mind tells me I need to run

You've been down that road before
You know too well where it leads
A desperate search to find the one
Who will fulfill all of your needs

I'd reach up to the highest star
Just to lay it down at your feet
I'd surely fall on my ass trying
But I would never admit defeat

Even a moment of your time
And then I'm weak in the knees
My mind goes running in circles
Like it has some kind of disease

It comes from a place of Love and Desire
And I want to give it to you twice as hard
My brain tells me I should run away
But my heart tells me let down my guard

I'm helpless though I try to fight it
I don't really know what to do
I'm surely headed for heartbreak
I'll be fine if it's because of you


No comments:

Post a Comment